I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can’t you hear, can’t you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover
Men at Work
I love a sun-burnt country
I like my toast well done
I like girls with long brown legs
I watch them as they run
My Country, after Dorothea McKellar
- Martin Sparrow’s Blues
- The Frontier Wars – Australia’s heart of darkness
- We’ve Got The Australia Day Blues
- Outside Looking In
- Conservatism in Crisis
- Western Civilization – The long, dark tea-time of The Australian’s soul
- The Oz’s lonely crusade For western civilization
- Milo Down Under
- Free Speech, One Each!
- How the “Lucky Country” lost its mojo
For wider reading about Australian history, I highly recommend William Lines’ challenging Taming of the Great South Land’, the late Robert Hughes’ magisterial The Fatal Shore, David Day’s Claiming a Continent, and Bruce Pascoe’s challenging Dark Emu.